Hot Buttered Yam Concentrate is Back!
It’s Hot Buttered Yam Season
Fall is in full swing, which means our Hot Buttered Yam concentrate has arrived! If this is your first time hearing about it, think of Hot Buttered Yam as our natural and more complex answer to Starbucks’ Pumpkin Spice Latte.
We use real whole yams and black tea sweetened with caramelized maple bourbon to make this fall-time favorite, making the concentrate slightly sweet and spicy. All you need to whip up a delicious, autumn-inspired drink is to mix one part milk and one part concentrate, heat it up, and top with our Maldon Chocolate Cinnamon Salt. Did we mention it's vegan, gluten-free, and no proof?
It's also become a fan favorite as a holiday gift and for wowing friends on special occasions. And because it’s made in small batches and exclusive to the chillier months, it’s a tough one to keep in stock!
Spiced Up Holiday Gifts
Looking for gift ideas for the beverage lover in your life? Our Hot Buttered Yam concentrate is the perfect present to fight over at your White Elephant Party or as a holiday gift for anyone who loves delicious things. If you’re looking to spread more spice over the holidays, gift it alongside our Ginger Spiced Chai concentrate—a small batch Chai that tastes uniquely Portland.
Hot Buttered Yam Hot Toddy Recipe
Before we let you go, we wanted to pass along one of our favorite recipes that uses our Hot Buttered Yam concentrate: a buttery, delicious hot toddy.
Here’s how you make it:
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup Hot Buttered Yam Concentrate
- 1 ½ ounces bourbon (can substitute with rum or brandy)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 lemon wheel
- Honey for taste (optional)
- In a teapot or saucepan, bring the water to a simmer. Pour the hot buttered yam concentrate into the pan and stir. Pour into a mug.
- Add the bourbon, teaspoon of lemon juice, and optional honey. Stir until the honey has dissolved into the hot water. Taste, and more lemon juice for more zing. (Leave out the bourbon for a delicious, alcohol-free mocktail!)
- Garnish with a lemon wheel.